PRIVACY STATEMENT AND NOTICE PURSUANT TO PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
SCOPE OF NOTICE AND OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
- We, Toyota Capital Malaysia Sdn Bhd and/or our subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred as "TOYOTA CAPITAL", the "COMPANY", "WE", "US", and "OUR") respect and recognise the importance of privacy, confidential information, personal data (hereinafter collectively referred as "PERSONAL DATA") of our customers, employees, and business counterparts (hereinafter collectively referred to as "DATA SUBJECT"), and we are committed to protect your Personal Data through the compliance of this Privacy Notice.
- This Privacy Notice is developed pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA"), of which will allow you, being the Data Subject, to understand how we collect, process, retain, disclose, and safeguard your Personal Data, and also your rights over your Personal Data.
- If we engage any other third party companies to provide any services to you on our behalf ("SERVICE PROVIDER"), we will require the Service Provider to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Data which they may so receive in the ordinary course of business.
- We only collect Personal Data which is necessary for us to perform our business function and activities.
- You have the choice, at any time, not to provide your personal data or to revoke your consent to us to use your Personal Data. However, if you refuse to provide us with the necessary Personal Data or consent to use your Personal Data or revoke your consent to us to process your Personal Data, we may then be NOT able to process, approve, or continue with your financial application or to provide you with the products or services which you require or process your application for employment or establish any business relationship with you.
- Your consent may be expressed verbally or in writing, or implied by your actions. When you apply or sign up or request for our products or services or when you enter into any business relationship with us, you may be required to provide us your Personal Data, of which by you doing so, you shall be deemed to have consented for us to use your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless you inform us otherwise in writing.
TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECTED AND THE SOURCE
The type of Personal Data collected may vary depending on the type of products and services you require. The Personal Data which we shall be collecting include the following: -
- The information which identifies you, including but not limited to, your full name; identification number; passport number; age; date of birth; gender; race; citizenship; marital status; ethnicity; details of dependents; contact details such as address; phone number; email address; occupation; employment details; Income tax registration numbers; payment details; data retrieved from installed telematic device; or others
- The information about your financial position, including but not limited to your sources of income; sources of wealth / fund; expenses; savings; assets; liabilities; investment portfolio; financial commitments; accounts number; audited financial reports; credit reports from credit reporting agencies; creditors details; debtors details; suppliers details and competitors details; opinion from financial institutions on your credit worthiness; or others.
- If you at any time supply to us a third party's personal information, you should at all times ensure that you are authorised to do so and you should inform such person that we may be using his/her information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We will collect Personal Data from various sources including: -
- Information which directly/voluntarily provided by you, including but not limited to, when you fill up application forms or agreements; supply the information to our associates; pay your bills or apply for any products or services offered by us; participate in our contest, surveys, promotional activities, telemarketing / telesales; speak to us over the phone; visit our office; use our products and services; communicate verbal and written with our associates and/or authorised agents; submit your resume or business proposal; or others;
- Information collected by us about you from other sources without your direct involvement but permitted by law, including but not limited to, from credit bureaus; credit reference agency; rating agency; agency approved by Bank Negara Malaysia or the Association of Finance Companies of Malaysia or the Association of Hire Purchase Companies of Malaysia; insurance companies; financial mediation bureaus; General Insurance Association of Malaysia; Life Insurance Association of Malaysia; company commission of Malaysia; Malaysian Insolvency Office; your referee; employers; guarantors; security party; our parent company; subsidiary; affiliates; dealers; distributors; service providers; legal authority; law enforcement agency; court of laws; and from other sources which you have given your consent to disclose the data relating to you or where not otherwise restricted.
- The type of Personal Data collected may vary depending on the type of products and services you require. The Personal Data which we shall be collecting include the following: -
PURPOSES OF US COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The primary purpose of collecting your Personal Data is for the use of our normal course of business between yourself and us, including but not limited to, processing your application for our products and services; identify and verify your identification; conduct background checks on you; conduct credit checks on you; establish your financial standing; open, manage and maintain your account(s) and facility(ies) with us; ensure your ongoing credit worthiness; update our records on you; enable us to act on/respond to your request, inquiry, instructions or complaint; evaluate your needs and preferences in order to further improve our services/products to you; determine the amount of indebtedness owed to or by you; enforce our rights and obligations; comply with regulatory requirement and to provide assistance to law enforcement agencies; assess, investigate and claim insurance; debt collection and recovery; audit and risk management; process your application for employment or business proposal; or other purposes as permitted by the law.
- Other purposes incidental and connected with the primary purpose, including but not limited to, strategic alliances, cross selling, marketing; conduct promotions; develop, enhance and market our services and products available from time to time; understand and analyse our sales; market research, statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services/products from time to time; survey for business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making; required by any law or by an order of a Court or Tribunal or directives from the relevant Ministry; prevention or detection of crime or for the purposes of investigation and any ancillary purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services.
- We will seek for your further consent before using your personal data for purposes other than those set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- For the purposes stated above, your Personal Data may be disclosed to a third party, including but not limited to, our parent company, our subsidiary, our affiliates, our dealers, our distributors, our professional advisors including lawyers, accountant, auditors, insurers, brokers, third party service providers, agents or contractors acting on our behalf or appointed by us to act on our behalf which may be located outside of Malaysia; credit bureaus, credit reference agency, rating agency, agency approved by Bank Negara Malaysia or the Association of Finance Companies of Malaysia; collection agencies or any other persons appointed by us to assists us in collecting or recovering any sums due under the agreement or repossessing, auctioneers; any other legal authority or regulatory enforcement body (government or otherwise) as we may deem necessary under any law, regulations, directives, or guidelines (whether having the force of law or otherwise); any person/party intending to settle any moneys outstanding under the account(s) and facility(ies) granted by us to you; any other person notified by you as authorised person to liaise with; any third party as a result of any restructuring of facility granted to you or the sale of debts; any party whom we in our sole judgment considers is making enquiries with a bona fide view of entering into arrangement, composition, restructuring or any proposed arrangement, composition, restructuring with you; any insurance company/takaful operators; any recruitment agencies; company commission of Malaysia; Malaysian Insolvency Office; or others as permitted by the law.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The security of your Personal Data is our top priority and we take all reasonable precautions (physically and technically) to protect your personal data while your Personal Data is being processed by us. We will implement adequate security controls, procedures, measures, protocols, and policies which are in line with the industry practices and legal standard to safeguard your Personal Data against any loss, cybercrime, theft, destruction, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access and disclosure of your Personal data.
- When we engage any other third party companies to provide any services to you on our behalf ("SERVICE PROVIDER"), we will require the Service Provider to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Data which they may so receive.
- We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes and we will comply with all the legal regulations and internal requirements in retaining your Personal Data. If we no longer require your Personal Data, we will take reasonable steps to delete, destroy and destruct your Personal Data in a secure manner.
RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT, UPDATE AND REVOKE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You, being the Data Subject, have the right to exercise the following rights: -
- To access and check your Personal Data hold by us about you;
- To require us to correct your Personal Data in the event if you find the Personal Data is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or outdated;
- To revoke the consent for us to use your Personal Data for the purposes set out above. *Please refer to paragraph 2 above for the consequences of revoking the consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights stated above, you may send your request in writing to:-
TOYOTA CAPITAL MALAYSIA SDN BHD
PLAZA IBM, LEVEL 20, FIRST AVENUE,
BANDAR UTAMA, 47800 PETALING JAYA,
SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN
- You, being the Data Subject, have the right to exercise the following rights: -
AMENDMENTS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- We reserve the right to review, update, and revise this Privacy Notice from time to time. Amendments of this Privacy Notice, if any, will be published on our official website at www.kinto-my.com of which we will revise the "Last updated on" date on the front page of this notice. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically.
- In accordance with the requirement of PDPA, this Privacy Notice is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any discrepancies or inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.
Car Comparison (0)